Friday, June 24, 2011

Depart from Admire

With all of them seen I never took part in what made them the wonder that they are. I didn't get to see who they really were. There were no memories together that bookmark a smile. There was no soft embrace of last night. There was no tender look the other day. Above all there wasn't even a hello. The one-sided affair that is "me for my admire" has long kept me gasping for what I could never have. Additionally, who I am, where I am in my current status as a barely-entity is not the sweet prince that they wish for.

Girls do not want what is beneath them and rightfully so. They deserve yes even more than the promise of a great kingdom. They deserve the world. In this dilapidated cardboard box where I decay, there is absolutely nothing of worth. No promise or intent could ever be seen desired. So . . . my desire too must go. I will no longer yearn for what I never had. My own dreams are tired because of the constant running since that first fine girl over a decade ago. So too my dreams of her must go. To all those pretty girls I saw: Thank you. But I need rest far, far away from admire - I know it now to have actually been a burden.

Watch me breathe easy.
Watch me breathe free.

No comments:

Post a Comment