Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lacking as a Marx

So I'm in the shower, splish force splashing away the yesterday and Marx comes to mind. Specifically Chico (pronounced Chick-Oh, get it right monkey) Marx who got his name because he was a well known "chicken chaser" - he sure love them chicks. So do I, Lacking I. The difference being that Chico had the swagger and the suave to fulfill his desires to be accompanied by many a female.

I got shit.

=l

So as I shower I ponder "Which Marx brother am I?"

Chico is out of the question. That guy is pimp. The pimpiest of the pimps of the Marx Brothers clan. Groucho? Am I Groucho? Nope. He's got such a quick wit that if he did his stuff in slow motion in his sleep I still wouldn't be able to keep up, no sir. It would be awesome to talk fire like Groucho but alas my words typically come out only after minutes of ultra-careful deliberation. Then rehearsal. Then a mic check. Then a second rehearsal.

Not Groucho. No.

Nooray for Captain Spaulding.

Harpo? Honk honk!! Negative. His innocent mischief is unmatched while I walk these modern days as an utter prick. Additionally, there's no way I could shut up and throw a hoopla on physical antics alone. As loud as I write, I am loud as I speak (when enthused). AND I can't play the harp. Honk honk no. Be quiet, you're not Harpo, oh Lacking One.

So that leaves . . .

Zeppo Marx.

Huh?! Zeppo Marx?

Wait wait wait wait waaaait. The straight man? The boring one? I'M Zeppo Marx? Ahhh crap. Margaret Dumont was a more well known straight man then the lesser Marx. I might as well be Gummo!!

Despite the refreshing shower I STILL goooooooot shit.

=P


[ FUN FACT: Chico's real name is Leonard Marx. Playa. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment