Friday, June 24, 2011

A Volunteer at the Ball

I haven't the juevos to actually do it but I've been playing with the idea of posting a particularly lewd Facebook Status:




I don't see such statements on Facebook (not with people I'm connected with anyways) and figure it would be a good laugh. What reactions would I get? If any? Does it matter? Maybe the point is: Facebook is all a front, yeah? What people put up on their accounts is what they want everyone to see them as? That's easy enough. To post a status update like that throws a wrench in the system of that masked perception. It's like some Grand Ball where everyone tries to look their best. But you know what? "I am not what you see. I am me - despite what my profile says." Or doesn't say. I'm at the Ball as well. My tuxedo and shiny shoes consists of not filling in "education information" and "work information." I am by many definitions a bum and I'm being coy about it on Facebook. Watch me take a bow.

Yes I realize the "volunteer" comment is a reflection of me. Admitted. Certainly the idea behind the statement isn't wholly embraced within myself but it's an aspect that exists or relates, however minuscule.

So who am I?

Not what you think you know.

It's past midnight, Cinderella.

There are many things I have kept from writing. Things of a similar vain to that seen above. They are amusements - just like everything I write - amusements nuh-uh PG-13. My mind has been dancing ballroom steps to the rhythm of "do I or don't I?" I stuttered on a step once because the moment was there and it stayed there when I left it.

You're welcome. Enjoy your fruit punch.

Now let's move on . . .

but do I or don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment