Thursday, June 23, 2011

To Row on Shattered Sea

Who rows alone?

I do

It's what I know
to row alone

I've
admired
I've
raged
I've
strained
I've
delighted
On this row alone

This golly boat
Don't
Broadside along
(You Would-Be Beasts of the Shattered Sea)
For it
rows alone
I'll paddle you off
Stay sea shattered
(You Would-Be Beasts)
and leave me rowing ascetic

Pathetic, call it
Golly you, I know it
I row
As one
Ever the sailor skeptic

Who rows alone?

You know who.

Sight from your Shattered Sea
(You Would-Be Beasts)
The dinghy deluded
Heavy
In filth & disgust
Corrupt this sea, immediately surrounding
On ready-corrupted sea
Am found peddling
the huh worth
of the ill paddle of what I know

Who rows alone?

I do, do I?

Golly the boat

I hate the sea

For no man rows alone
When he sits on dreaded sea see?

The admire
the rage
the strain
the delight
Seen from seas that
Crashed wet against boards now splintered
I ought to break almighty
this watered boat

and shatter

and sink

sink into this Shattered Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment