Friday, June 3, 2011

The Man Who Came To Write

What is writing to me?
It is both friend & enemy.
It is the di di mau,
the gun to the head.
It is the rescue chopper
flying over head.
Tortured, I scream
"Them damn rats
gone eat my legs."
Write
I wither as withered,
better to pen cripple
than to get bet on
with a 'volver to the head.
BOOM!
I am not (yet) dead.
Still I write,
I write
of being (when) dead.
BOOM!
I am not (no) dead.
Yes I write,
I write
of living a life
sentence.
For write do I do
'Tis the voice
I
may or may not have.
Just read these words
and learn me
and learn what life is seen
through the di di mau
now slowed down,
for it is written.
I write.
I am not yet dead.
So friend.
So enemy.
In my stead.
Exist beyond the simple touch of pen.
What is writing to me?
It is to live
beyond
being dead.
So friend.
So enemy.
Go on.
Eat my mind's legs.
Go ahead.
Rescue thought chopper
fly overhead.
Both matter not
for I write.
And it is written.
And it is written.
BOOM!
I am not (will never be) dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment