Friday, June 3, 2011

Neighbor Song Jive, Yeah

I went outside to walk the house's block of Jim Dr. with Sage yellow/orange-stripe strapped on to practice K.P. & Envyi's 1998 Hip Hop hit single Swing My Way. The approach is quick-fire verses and a swell singing chorus.

"Shorty swing my way, you sure look good to me . . ."

Across the street on the other sidewalk I walk the walk, singing (or shouting according to your . . ok ok it is shouting =P) out the million word song I'm trying to memorize. There are stutter stops of course, so much info into such a little brain is a Johnny Mnemonic-type O-VER-LOA D. I cross the street again and on the return 40 yard trip back to the house a door opens. It's the door of a good ol' neighbor Robert. But it's not Robert upon welcome, nah, it is his wife, Marlene.

"Good morning!!" I says in joy.

On a phone she speaks away towards my direction, smiles asking "So was that you singing out there the other day?"

"Yup that's me" I reply, smiling back.

"It's good! I had to stop talking to my friend on the phone so I could listen!!"

Awesome, I think to myself. =)

She asks if those songs she heard were my very own. I tell her yup I have written 12 ditties now.
Marlene says there is a particular song that she especially marked for and based upon her lyrical 4-5 word recital I surmise it may either be the Hall & Oates tune I covered or a Decemberists chow I like to holler, Engine Driver.

"You should be on American Idol!!" she says with delight to which I am very gracious and thank her mucho. "Will you vote for me?" I ask. "Yes!! Yes."

Have a nice day, door closed.

Tremendous! =)

I walk back to the front of 613 with a bit of Engine Driver, "and if you don't love me let me go."

In to the kitchen I stand, guitar in hand, smiling, telling Parental Unit A & B of the yahoo compliments received from neighbor Marlene just a minute ago.

Unit A is apathetic.

Unit B has a look of disgust on its face.

Thanks for the support, guys. You're incredible. Really, you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment