Monday, May 9, 2011

The Big Bird Arm of Sage

Sage sat without strap for 1 week and 3 days. She had no strap nor a G-string. I know what you're thinking, ODB but get your McGirt out of the Dirt. I picked her up occasionally. Disappointed I was for it felt incomplete without the wraparound grab to the body. I held her but the guitar did not reciprocate the tender grasp. How could she? Sage was incapable. For search of Sage's arms I went. Many options were available. I contemplated what current look would match the mind of the madman Lacking. The strap for Dear Prudence was purchased in a music store in Santa Barbara in moments of Prozac-chugging mania. Wide-eyed and jumping I found Prudence's arms in the clarity of SSRI prescription delighted.

So what arms of Sage should I grant her with? Prudence has a strap of a vision on LSD. Mushrooms and a hyper-cheerful sun smiling high. Many suns for Sage? Why yes. But the bid on that flew over my head. Two stars? That's a sunny outlook and is in reference to the song Two Stars. Alas the bid on that too went right by, my attention distracted by other goings-on in life.

Finally a strap of stripy disposition in alternating yellow and orange makes itself apparent to me.

Check.

I like it.

My mind flips and flops and tumbles and soars! This strap is booty!

I skank the buy in time, not risking the possibility of another missed appendage. Sage needs an arm. It'll be swell for her to be able to hold on to me as I to her in musical strum-mah-duh caress.

On this day the package came in. Except we don't need to keep it on ice, nah. A sturdy envelope will do just fine.

On this day Sage and her Big Bird arm became one.



Arrival of The Big Bird Strap.



Sage prepared.



Strapped and at the ready. Let's jam! Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment