Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Ghost


A sunrise ago, strumming and humming 5'whatever in the morning, I blabbered out the first two lines. Thought ooh that's an idea and kept it in mind. Affection as a nuisance then to be killed for it? Oh my, an impassioned ghost! Then by happenstance I saw the first muse reappear, aged neat and blessed and in the buzz of a feeling that once was, I wrote a song, yes another song.





The Ghost

And in this love I was your foe
You won't ever see me again I know
You ran me over when I stood
To bleed out for you, I would, stand

North, the farmer's wife now are you?
The smile you smile is it true?
You never smiled when I was around
The love from your side was never found

The promise I made was something that you may have never heard
Yes 'til the end I'd think & sing & strum about all your worth
But as gone as I am, what is it worth?
One ghost unheard

No comments:

Post a Comment