Monday, October 8, 2012

She Who Carries This Day


Hey Ambrosine, c'est pour vous . . .



She Who Carries This Day

The thought of you will carry my day
A kindness from your word go plus, 
Add seconds
To the mirth on a bagpipe breath, breathe in & out
And know
That it's you who -- with her own seconds -- thinks well of me

By your applause I will step witty, dance Charlestons in Paris &
Stand proud, chin up and face this world with gusto
Knowing how I know that it's you who cheers a strength
Through and through and only by your favor, I am Hercules

So Athanatos, see how I roll with that Helios on over
When you say great, darling
and like, oh darling
and smile, whoa darling
So pos[itive] I am, I'll walk this day poetically, near-immortal

Because the thought of you will carry

And on the night of this good day
When the shine you gave glows provocatively defiant in a room slept yellow
My reply will reflect how sweet I thought of you
How by your good graces, kind darling
I lived this momentous day

No comments:

Post a Comment