Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Question of Being In The Hunt

On the eve of my departure, the search continues. These eyes have no blinds to shut away obvious elegance. When they twirl, when they mingle, when they are who they are, I can't play priest and stonewall the maiden marvel. It's there and it's beautiful. On the eve of my departure, however, emerges a newfound "gear" in my glimpse tendencies. It's probably a lot like putting a car into "Park."

I was out today looking for the last few items to bring to the Philippines. I was at Eastridge Mall (the mind goes: mall mall NOOOO!! mall) where J. Norman reckons theres exists a greater number of frenetic teenagers. He prefers Great Mall. The crowds there overwhelm me and the unchecked energy of the youth can be asphyxiating, My last visit there was many full moons ago so maybe it isn't that way anymore. The multi-tiered design of Eastridge is something I find comfort in, the more open space there is, the better.

With purpose, being at Eastridge was not a chore. If you're looking for something and you are unyielding in finding said something, then other matters take a backseat. This is where the gear kicked in. I'll appreciate beauty when it exists. Let us not make the mistake of totally disregarding that fact. However, on this day I discovered that my esteem for la femme does not always have to be at the forefront. Let the soldiers rest and put 'em in the back of the line. War is hell, boys, and the angels out there don't make it any easier.

For me to finally see that I don't always have be on guard is a wonderful find. It isn't completely turned off. The sucker's just on standby. Or is it? Perhaps the reason why the radar was running at a very low level is because there really wasn't much to take notice of at Eastridge. This kind of reminds me of the chicken and the egg. What came first? The look or the pretty face? See, the veracity of ogling on silent running really needs to be tested in more shark-infested waters where every girl has got visual yum yum. Although at that point my head would probably explode. Kablooey!

Yeah. Yet another entry with a heavy focus on girls. Sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment