Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fat As I Am

With my belly full I again think of the better feeling. Is it with or without an abundance of food? The "in-between" of a small meal or properly portioned meal is hardly ever the absolute. Most of the time it's a little more. A bigger helping. Another plate. It was only a few years ago I realize that I didn't NEED to be completely and utterly full to have eaten my share. Imagine for 19 years eating beyond what's necessary. America as a nation must think the same way.

With my belly full I again think of the better feeling. Never mind the abundance of food. To eat enough is enough. There is no reason to chase heart-attacks. Eating too much anyways leaves me feeling sluggish and dim-witted. This I had to find out. I had to think about it. I had to look for it and it was indeed there. With all the slop in me getting processed on repeat, there was no time for good physical energy or the better feeling.

Food is my drug, there I said it. Who needs uppers or downers, the herb or the booze when on the table there sits your favorite dish? Oh you're a mean one Mr. Grinch!

As fat as I am, I am trying. Trying to not be so unfit, both in the head and the heart.

I can tell you this. It is far better to eat less and be merry than to eat more and feel like shite. Forget the touch of euphoria at the end of the big meal, my friends, what I want isn't measured in calories. I want harmony. I want enlightenment. I want to be me.

With my belly full I again think of the better feeling. And it's with a belly that isn't so damn full.

No comments:

Post a Comment