Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Writing Turds & A Little Straight-Edge Wisdom

Ely Buendia was on "Deal or No Deal." I don't care much for the show but Ely Buendia is a rock god so I went ahead and watched. Am I an Ely mark? Yeah, sure. The Eraserheads ruled. Check. His post-Eraserheads solo album was something I enjoyed. Fill in the circle. The current band that he's in, Pupil, also rocks. Blink twice for "yes." (Although I tend to favor the direction he went with pre-Pupil "The Mongols" sound.)


He had quite a number of people with him on the show. The wife. The son. An uncle. An aunt. Goose and many more. Ok, maybe there wasn't a Goose. "We're going ballistic, man!" Ely ended up with 120,000 pesos. At the end of the show he had the following to say:

1.The Pupil album, "Wildlife" is still out in stores.

2. The Eraserheads are re-uniting with further information on August 30th for an upcoming performance.

Wait, wait, wait.

The Eraserheads are re-uniting?

Fan-freakin-tastic!

Can one hope for new material? That would be splendid. The Eraserheads were masters of their craft. Writing a song ain't easy, folks. Writing a catchy one is even harder and the E-heads had albums full of the stuff. I'm curious to know if they enjoy the material they've come out with? I've got a personal dilemma, see. I know what kind of music I'd like to be able to bring forth but I what I end up doing is singing crap (yes, crap) I would NEVER listen to!

The song I put together today is sappy and solid in its cliches. I can't avoid it. Gamu-Gamo. And as heartfelt and truthful as it is, I would be mad at anybody who would listen to like-minded music on the radio. "AH TURN IT OFF!" The lyrics are the culprit. I can't let go of the melody of the guitar strumming. To throw the song out completely would be a waste. If anything, I'll trash the lyrics and recycle the rest.


In other news . . .


CM Punk.

ROH shoot interview.



Go low with this. It totally works, dude. Refreshing.


No comments:

Post a Comment