Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Walk Around This Life Frightened

I walk around this life frightened
Absolutely frightened

Of the things I put forth and
don't receive in kind return

Of the sweet girl for whom I hurrah'd
But answered back with a nuh-uh!!

Of the eyes open when I wake
Seeing another god damn day

Of committing an act in innocence
But am seen as a complete terrorist

Of uncomfortably wearing a chipper mood
So as not to distress the party

Of looking in the mirror, horrified
by the broken, ugly mess before me

Of checking the wallet embarrassingly
For cash I do not have (but plenty of fucking coins)

Of wearing what I wear but knowing full well
You can't hide living 300 pound shit

Of being called out by someone
"Yes, you are a worthless bum"

Of not yet having shot myself
With the revolver in the closet

Of not being the success that my friends are
Yes, yes so successful they are

Of crying the apparent woe
When truth is I just suck

Of wasting time typing words
I foolishly think will live beyond me

I walk around this life frightened
Absolutely frightened

I am absolutely frightened

No comments:

Post a Comment