Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Them Under Yellow Streetlight

Look here, a beauty in the streetlight
Charm on lips pointing north, so slight
On this dying, splash yellow'd gravel
It is her again
With a look and a shine that'll never be mine
Sitting passenger side
in the car of another

Closer they stand
Ever closer they stand
With her charm
she stands
in the arms
of another
And I'll walk away from
what I can not stand:
It is her again
now
happily embraced
in the heart of her lover

Excuse me as I
Take the walk around the block alone
Unable to view
Hands tenderly held, hey lady
Dogs playing fuck
Premonition of the intention, hey baby
of the hugging couples present
on this dying street outside my room
drowning in the streetlight

Away from a beauty lit yellow
A gang of fedora'd shadows seen
huddled fiercely in the yellow
taunting through gait to the step,
"Hey it could never be."
Surrounded, outnumbered
by the lack of light in me
to the left and to the right
upways and downways
'tis a slaughter of a fight
they whisper viciously
"Yeaaaaaaaaaaah . . . creep!"

Excuse me as I
Take the blockwalking beating alone
Still unable to view
what can now no longer be deemed "She"
but instead "Them"
Them who by
streetlight, starlight, moonlight
and certainly daylight!
Take upon themselves
a look
and a shine
wholly
Them

On sidewalk block found no escape
So to the sky is sought relief
So it is sighted
To
Connect-the-dots on that Dipper
Grasp it from the midnight
and tank 'im over the head with it
Go hold 'er if you can
with the bruises of 7 stars

But I walk away

Lit by streetlight, starlight, moonlight

And I realize by that point north, though slight

I ought to
Poke the moon
and let its glow pour into the stellar empty
Gone &
Crash the lights by which I
Was thrashed by a gang of my shadow
By which I
Saw your charm in the arms of another
By which I
Thought the things I thought tonight
On that yellow-splashed street, dying

1 comment:

  1. You always know how to write how you feel at any given moment. Wish I had that skill, to turn any situation into a lyrical mix of spoken word said.

    ReplyDelete