Saturday, September 19, 2015

Sordid Sights (Spectacle of Midway Lights)




Sordid Sights (Spectacle of Midway Lights)

How can you really win?
When the point of the game
Is to fool the mark
Give ‘em hope
But then the prizes are rubbish

It’s so easy to sin
When there’s so much to see
All that you want
Is it wrong?
They’re sometimes the same thing

There’s just so much
Oh please free me

From all these sordid sights
I see
and I see
It’s better to be blind
Can’t you see?
Sometimes
To better see what’s right
Take my eyes
It’s alright
Help me see what’s right
Take my eyes
Oh it’s fine

With the sun so bright
Glare of lights at night
A fire constant
Glazes your eyes
So much so, it dims your morals

The oh-so-pretty ones play
Plucking aches in the brain
A base instinct
Tickets to take
Standing welcome, but uneasy
                             
There’s just so much
Oh please free me

They’ll keep walking, all that lighting’s got me
To be damned is seeing
Please take it from me, give me release

No comments:

Post a Comment