Monday, September 10, 2012

Out with the Video, In with the Prose

With the Tellybox up on the home page, I've decided to take down the "Video" tab. There's no need for it now with a YouTube playlist embed showcasing a bunch of videos all available on one screen and should I singsong in front of a camera again, I could just put it up there. In its place is a "Prose" tab that will link to some past writing focused on prose pieces. These were lost through posts then months in a year  under a daunting blog archive and it was a cumbersome affair to find a particular bit of writing that I personally thought might be an interesting read. Not anymore. Now you can simply see a set of titles on a page and click on something that might catch your eye.

I looked back to what I wrote on my old MySpace blog looking for one entry about a car ride that I wanted to add to the prose page. Found it (read it here). While searching I also found others that were engaging, to my surprise. Now they too are linked all under "Offsite Selections". They're weird and angry. Crude and sad. Sometimes funny. I read a few of the entries. It's strange to meet your past self's emotions grocery packed in sentences. Watching the reel go back on times forgotten is like viewing a foreign movie, subtitled to help you along -- oh, that's what it means! -- but still, it's a different area with different people doing different things.

Strange things

See for yourself, along with the usual mess here at He Who Lacks, in prose.



on a side note: The blog system on MySpace blows, organization consisting of throwing everything at you in one lump sum. Hard to believe there was a time when I refused to move my blogging activities from there, with MySpace as the one and only blog. Currently? I no longer post on MySpace. It's all but abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment